Thursday, January 10, 2008

thanks, girlies :)


thank you, my darlings, for making my birthday special. pizza, POP (not soda), cupcakes, rummikub AND project runway? what more could i ask for besides leonardo dicaprio walking in and giving me a wet birthday kiss? but really, thanks ladies. i had a great time just being my strange self around you. i made my requested cupcakes as shown above. all that remains are lonely sprinkle balls rolling around the floor in search of their candy colored counterparts. 
here's the infamous blog commenter, foof, playing rummikub
and this is her blog commenting nemesis, dina
anita (the number crunching socialite) and reta (keri russel's stalker)

me backing that ass up whilst reta tries to make me drink pop

oh. on a sucky note...be careful while driving on orchard lake, especially near 14 mile and maple. it is ridiculously potholed and dangerous. i knew something was going to happen to my car. i went over a really bad pothole and pulled over because it sounded like someone hit my car with a baseball bat while on steroids. sure enough, my hubcap was cracked and there was a lump in my tire! i drove to discount tire where they informed me that i had a bubble in my tire (caused by the impact with the godzilla pothole) and needed to get it replaced. thankfully it was covered by my warranty and i only had to pay 13 bucks to cover the warranty on the new tire. then the cute pubescent boy (okay maybe not that young, but he had braces) proceeded to compliment me on my earrings in a shaky voice. it was precious. if he only knew i celebrated my 28th birthday today and when i was his age he was pretending he was a mighty morphin power ranger and wetting the bed. 

6 comments:

Reta said...

I had so much fun yesterday! It was nice getting together with the girls. We'll definitely have to do it again! The cupcakes definitely lived up to their potential, and my poor stomach was in knots all night long from the endless pizza and cupcakes I continued to stuff myself with all night..

Anonymous said...

yes, i agree. very fun! and those pictures of the cupcakes looks so professional. nice work, mar!

renee said...

i agree w/ foof...the cupcakes were so perfectly decorated...and delicious!! we'll have to do that again soon. by the way, can't wait for nyc!!!!

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday Marie. Your cupcakes look AMAZING! Potholes SUCK!

Anonymous said...

The cupcakes and pizza made me 5 pounds heavier the next morning...but they WERE delicious. I had a blast with y'all. Every girl should get to do that on her birthday...in addition to get wasted the second the clock hits 5 on Friday.

Love you bia!

Anonymous said...

LOL the tire story made me bust out laughing! Poor tire kid!