Monday, January 14, 2008

pie in the sky

my trip to new york city is quickly approaching! i am looking forward to roaming the streets of new york in search of inspiration. that will not be hard to find...it's everywhere!!! the above photo is of a painting by ralph goings. yes, i said painting. it's not a photograph. i saw a gallery showing of his work from the 70's at a gallery in soho when i was in nyc a few years back. his photorealist paintings mainly consist of diners and old trucks. it was amazing to stand back and think you're looking at a photograph and then move forward until you're standing two inches away from the canvas to see the quick brush strokes that make up a hyperreal painting! 
that pie is making me hungry. 
speaking of hungry, guess what renee gave me for my birthday? the professional chef book i wanted and blogged about!!! it is now part of my collection! thanks again, renee. i love it. :) 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that painting is amazing

Anonymous said...

Im obsessed iwth those painting man...that was from that email you sent me once? i have trouble making a painting look like a painting let alone look that real! that is talent. and plz plz plz let me sneak in your luggage to nyc!

Anonymous said...

um, btw why the hell did i add "man" in there? i guess i was feeling it that much...what a dork! im going to start previewing my comments now

Reta said...

dina just so you know, you say "man" a lot.

Mishy said...

that picture IS amazing. But I know I can do that! NOT PAINT IT SILLY GEESE! I meant BAKE IT!!! =)


-the talented and lovely MTJG

(haha!)

renee said...

i can't believe that's a painting! when i first saw it i wondered to myself where you got that photo. what an amazing piece of art! oh and i can't wait for nyc!!!!