Monday, January 7, 2008

january 9th 1980

my poor mother. i'm suffocating her. 
around this time last year, i was mildly freaking out. it was mostly internal and therefore made me a little crazy. i was turning 27 and couldn't deal with it calmly. i felt like my life was rushing by and i was not doing anything i wanted to be doing by my late twenties. 
this year is different (thankfully). i've been more at peace with myself and have come to understand that if i want to do something, i must make it happen myself. nobody is going to hand me anything and i need to be in control of my life. this understanding has made a lot of things seem very simple because it IS simple. happiness comes from the way you choose to view your life. 
so, turning 28 in a few days isn't daunting. i don't feel frustrated like i did before. i feel a new hope. 
also, i think it's funny that my birthday/cupcake party is being planned on my blog comment page and without me. 

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hey Marie,
It's Vanessa (Lydia's sister-in-law). Saw your bulletin on MySpace. Hope all is well. Make it a great birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Trust me, you're not old. I was born in the 70's for goodness sakes! Now those were wierd times.

Reta said...

my love, you look like you're going to eat your mom...hahaha! I'm so glad you've embraced turning 28, I hope I'll get there soon!

Anonymous said...

that's a big baby! cinnamon roll baby! and omg i have commented on every damn blog. I am so bored.

Anonymous said...

oops busted.

Anonymous said...

btw, cutest picture ever!!!