Tuesday, January 22, 2008

karma is a bitch

i FINALLY saw tarantino's "death proof" which i had been putting off for quite some time for no apparent reason. my entire body was tense and i was shrinking into my junk food hoodie (you know, renee, the one that makes you hungry?)...it was so stressful to watch but so flippin' good!!! even though he's irritating like nails on a chalkboard, (or in my case dry hands rubbing together--eccchhh!) he knows how to make a brilliant movie. jackie brown and kill bill I and II are probably among my top twenty movies of all time. (although i'm too chicken shit to make such a list...that's too much of a commitment!) i won't spoil anything, but this movie had the best car crash and chase scenes i've ever seen. and with any tarantino film, you can count on a fantastic soundtrack full of resurrected songs from the past. 
i've been in need of catching up on my movie watching. i've been slacking..not good! tomorrow i'm planning on seeing "no country for old men" even though i told myself i didn't want to see it when i saw the trailer. in my old age, i'm realizing that stressful/suspenseful movies make my stomach hurt. i'll bring some tums along. 


i'd like to also say that i thoroughly enjoy going out w/ friends on weekends. there's something about having a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other that makes me think "i'm wasting my fucking life." but hey, it's a fun waste of time! 
p.s. that's an ice cube in my mouth in case you're wondering.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like a waste, but it really isn't. Everytime we go out there's always something interesting. I don't know if it's us or if it happens to everyone, but everytime I go out I almost always do/find/observe/experience something worth talking about. I think weekends out are a brake from the ordinary. Can't wait for NYC! --Cousin Farah

renee said...

it's not a waste...it's fun and at least we always have a story!

Reta said...

not a waste at all. you're enjoying life!

marie antoinette said...

you guys, i was just being funny. if i really thought it was a waste, i wouldn't join in the fun!!!