Wednesday, February 27, 2008

the wondrous egg

my favorite meal is breakfast. you can have it in the morning, in the afternoon or even for dinner. i love eggs and toast or pancakes instead of a regular suppertime meal. i love the simplicity of the egg. its shape, its basic color, its fragility. and its surprise inside is not only tasty but beautiful. the bright yellow yolk inside the white halo always reminds me of sunshine. anyway, the other night i wanted to make something different for dinner and this is what i came up with: puff pastry breakfast pizza! i always have trader joe's puff pastry in the freezer because you can make a delicious gourmet meal in less than 30 minutes. all i did to make this pizza was thaw out the puff pastry sheet, spread marinara sauce all over it (leaving the edges for a crust) and topped it with sliced shallots, sliced mushrooms, crumbled cheddar cheese, meatless sausage bits (gimme lean soy protein sausage) and fried eggs. i sprinkled salt and pepper and drizzled olive oil on top. the puff pastry only takes 15 minutes to bake, so in less than a half hour, my mom and i were enjoying a scrumptious meal!

8 comments:

renee said...

nasty!!!! pizza and eggs???

Anonymous said...

i know!!! i agree with renee, that is nasty!

RRN said...

Oh my ....
I am impressed!!!!

I have often referred to eggs as "the perfect food"...But not too many people ever agree with me.

I cant say I don't see this as anything but a killer combination....Any type of Tomato based sauce is an awesome compliment to eggs.

good show old chap. rock out.

Anonymous said...

weirdo


adam

Matthew said...

put some basterma on it and it might be the greatest dish ever created

Anonymous said...

Do eggs belong on a pizza? The rats in my basement wouldn't even eat that. But, I like your pictures.

--Cousin Farah

din-din said...

mmmmmmmm i luuuv eggs...mar ur not weird. ps, im coming over for breakfast, lunch and dinner. and dessert.

Chrissy said...

that looks fucking amazing