Monday, June 9, 2008

congrats narmeen & john!


i stood up in my friend narmeen's wedding last night. it was nice, but guess what. i'm so over being a bridesmaid. i felt bad for feeling that way because i did honestly feel honored that she chose only me to stand up for her, but i just wanted to be in the background. and the gaggle of arabic women that were asking me when i was going to get married was really pissing me off. i knew to expect it, but that doesn't make it less annoying. 
the wedding was really nice, though. it was at the roostertail and so we saw the crazy rains and winds that blew cocktail tables down from gigantic picture windows. the hors d'oeuvres were supposed to take place outside but that obviously didn't happen. those little nuggets of deliciousness were my favorite culinary part of the night. there were spinach stuffed baby portobello caps, shrimp cocktail shooters, orange chicken bites and my favorite, really freakin' garlicky bruschetta toasts. i ate one and knew that my breath wouldn't be the same after that, so i just ate more. :)
(the pictures are from the limo. the flower girls ((hannah and alexa)) and i were having our own party since we had the gigantic stretch limo basically to ourselves. they were having a blast..imagine being 8 years-old and parent-free in a limo w/ adults.)

No comments: