Tuesday, July 15, 2008

we are in america. remember?

i found an apartment that i can imagine myself inhabiting. it is so cute! i pictured myself making tea in the tiny kitchen and taking it to the living room next to the high windows and just reveling in the fact that it's my own space. 
of course being from an old-fashioned family, i knew this would not sit well with my parents. i am more concerned with getting some sort of half-hearted approval from my mother, so i sat down with her yesterday for a talk. 
that did not go well. she basically asked me if i hate her. i had to laugh at that. why can't they get it into their heads that coming to america over 25 years ago would ensure that their children would grow up to be AMERICANS? 
i am excited to have found something i can afford and that i actually want to live in, but that feeling is being overshadowed by guilt and frustration. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went through the same thing. JUST DO IT!! You're parents will accept it, believe me. You're young, single, and you've got so much ahead. You will be so happy once you do it.

--Cousin Farah

the walking man said...

The question that you have to ask yourself is whether you intend to go from your fathers house to a husbands with nothing in between.

It is a pretty good guess that this is your parents thought. What is yours, outlive them before you see life as something other?

Unknown said...

Hi. I think you left crappy myspace, before I got the chance to see your last message. This sounds like good news, and I agree with Cousin Farah :)


Reply to my comment so ya have my email, we'll see if that works. -J