Wednesday, March 26, 2008

a memory to share

one of my most vivid memories from childhood is of my six or seven year-old self being at northland mall (before it became completely and utterly ghetto) with my mom. we were at some women's clothing and accessory shop where my mom was casually browsing. i remember her looking through a little basket on a counter that was filled with random pieces of jewelry. then some unprofessional employee snatched the basket away from my mom and said, "these are not for sale." my mother innocently said sorry and i remember feeling something burning inside me that i was not familiar with. all i know is that i wanted so badly to kick the mean lady and use my fingernails to scratch at her face and eyeballs. that memory used to bring me to tears as a kid. i didn't understand why anyone would want to be rude to my pure mother. 

1 comment:

RRN said...

that was rather intense. the formative child years are interesting.